*ahem* Is this mic on by any chance?
“Hi – My name is Aly and I’ve been neglecting this blog for quite some time.”
Yes – I know – I know – I drop by, wave hello and then run back to the cooking blog. Why I don’t blog here with my day to day, I don’t know. I started here way back when, I need to get back to my bloggy roots with chatting with y’all again and update this on the regular!
Quick catch-up –
- I’m still here in Philly, love my little area of Manayunk, still hanging with my same crew, still at the 9to9 but doing more on the food writing front.
- While the SousPug went to the Rainbow bridge some time ago, I headed to Florida last January and rescued a Jr. SousPug, Jeffie, who has a heart of gold but a temper of a diva and, yes, he does bite. Don’t let the sweet pug face fool you.
- Shoe shopping has been sporadic, but a new bag or two have found their way into the stiletto closet. However, we won’t talk about my frequent shopping trips to all points Williams Sonoma, Sur La Table and Crate and Barrel *shhhhhhh*
- Speaking of new – the Cougar has been retired – she gave 13 years of going from point a to b and moving from New Hampshire to Florida to Philly. She has since been replaced by a new burgundy Fusion but I miss my “La La” (because the Cougar looked like a daggone Teletubby, okay – don’t pick on the name) on the daily. I do, however, love that I have heat, air-conditioning and much needed shocks to deal with the Philly potholes.
- Finally, my friends, near and far, have been a huge support system – whether it’s dealing with the day to day, losing Wiggy, or just because, they have helped me more than I can ever thank them for.
So – that’s briefly what’s going on in my world and I pinky swear on my Louboutins to not be such a stranger. Fill me in – what’s new with you?